'Salvadori', the brick facade and stone
important palace of the sixteenth century hidden and camouflaged
IV Novembre on the main street that leads to the former port of
Ser Ridolfo and building Griffins, all'altezzo of the Café Central.
Refined home magnate with the façade and five axis windows and a
lot that is developed in depth compared to the road axis . The all-brick
front ' facing' resumes, as for the building of Ugolino Grifoni,
the school 's cooked the Lower Valdarno , and is the 'palace twin'
attributed to Giuliano Baglioni from the studio of Architects carvers
of Florence. Houses within a beautiful Renaissance courtyard with
Doric columns in stone, never visited by Sanminiatesi. The façade
has a geometrical paginated perfectly fit into a square that continues
and consolidates the grammar of the Florentine Renaissance palaces
deployed by the school since the beginning of the fifteenth century
with the building of Niccolò da Uzzano. The front is characterized
by a typical two-color the same building Griffins: brick and stone.
It has a tripartite facade punctuated by cornices and arched windows
with a ring embossed geometrically. On the top of a large roof terrace
punctuated by a portico of Doric columns which offers a sweeping
view of the city center." e del centro della città."
Renaissance palaces of St. Miniato Palazzo Grifoni only seems to
have been built from scratch, partly on the site of two houses fourteenth
century, partly on the ground occupied by the walls of the fort
Ridolfo di ser . With the demolition is in addition to the defensive
perimeter was to break the old walkway, leaning against the strong
in its path ended rectangle in front of the door. An examination
of the internal and external structures, the distribution of space
both planimetric that elevation exclude that have been used in the
building of houses existing. In Formichini palace, now Savings Bank,
were certainly used instead of the structures of medieval houses,
traces of which resurface nell'irregolare plan is that in certain
sections of masonry prospicente downstream. The small building (formerly
Franchini, and then Sanminiati Pazzi and indicated in the tabs of
the monumental building of San Miniato in 1897 as Salvadori) shows
the proportions of the plans for the adaptation of a typical cell
and fractional division medieval land."
"A Giuliano, called by Bishop Ugolino Grifoni Secretary of Cosimo de
' Medici and Grand Master of the Knights dell'Altopascio , was entrusted
, in 1525 , the construction of the building Griffins (also owned
today by the Cassa di Risparmio) and , commissioned by Messer Niccolo
Ruffoli , the eponymous palace in via IV Novembre (currently owned
Small ) Philip ( Baccio d' Agnolo ) , by Bonaparte , as mentioned,
that of their building that then by inheritance, came to Morali,
then to the Counts Ceuli of Pisa, Livorno and then to Bertacchi,
for buying and selling, and finally to the Formichini cash savings
in 1953. Cassa, in accommodation and adaptation of the building
(which immediately followed to make the same ideoneo the new requirements),
I respected with care and originality. the front has undergone transformations
but only consolidamentio and restorations , the rear (south side)
had some changes, both for the new functionality for the consolidation
of all together."
the Franchini were accasati in terziere Fuor port since 1318, probably
in a house in the same area. The Palace, Bell, or Roffey, who later
became the headquarters of Mercy, it was rebuilt in the sixteenth
century when the area" those Roffia "accasati were up from 1318.'m
still detectable in plan the thick medieval walls dividing the lots.
palace Buonaparte, then the Court and now Rosati, one of the most
beautiful buildings of the sixteenth century in San Miniato, was
built on the where in 1396 were demolished and set on fire the houses
of Mangiadori near the old residence where the Bonaparte family
had settled until 1318 and which are still visible structures. evenings
This construction of the sixteenth century, therefore, does not
attest to any change in the urban context remained unaltered in
his diagram with only eccezzion of the palace of Ugolino Grifoni."
"San Miniato al Tedesco : Saggio di storia urbanistica e architettonica,